more information and background concerning the awards and the importance
of undergraduate research to Dr. Kemp, please feel free to contact:
Gender Studies via email at:
The terms and conditions governing the Kemp awards are listed below:
1. Applicants must be undergraduate or graduate students conducting a research project under the supervision of one or more faculty members at Radford University.
2. The proposed project must show promise of either publication or presentation at a professional meeting, and the student must show evidence of pursuing publication and/or
3. Since Dr. Kempís own field of expertise was experimental social psychology, special, but not exclusive, emphasis will be given to projects in experimental social psychology
and/or with a focus on gender or women.
4. Awards may range from $25 to $250, and are made in recognition of excellence in a research proposal. Top priority will be given to help defray research expenditures although expenses involved in travel to a professional meeting
for presentation will also be considered. If monies are to be used for travel, we request that you provide documentation that you will also try to secure funding through the Graduate College or through the Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship (OURS).
5. Award decisions will be made by a committee constituted by the Center for Gender Studies, and will be announced within 2 weeks after submission deadlines*.
All Applications for Eleanor Kemp Funding Submissions
Must be Completed Online by Clicking on this Qualtrics Link: https://atrial.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0AjoGOgaZkwmz41
Applications for monies to be used during the
Fall 2019 or Spring 2000 semester must be submitted by October 1st, at 5:00 p.m.
If funding remains after the first round has been distributed, a second call for applications will be made for monies to be used during the Spring or Summer semesters. Individuals who received monies in the first round will not be eligible
for funding if there is a second round.
students are invited to apply!